Monday, May 9, 2011

Blog 13

Blog 13: What was most interesting about this week's dissections?


The most interesting thing about this weeks dissections were all the different parts of the animals we dissected. For example, I never knew that an earthworm had a brain! I've never done dissections in elementary or middle school before, so pretty much everything was new to me. I learned a lot of the different parts and exterior and interior anatomy of the species we dissected: the earthworm, crayfish, fish, grasshopper, etc. In the beginning, I was disgusted and felt sick, but after more dissections I began getting more used to it and I actually was surprised that I learned so much from these animals. For example, when we dissected the fish, we had to take a fish scale and examine it under the microscope and it looked really interesting since we got the opportunity to really see how it looked like close up. From that, we found out that the fish was about 50 years old (in fish years).


No comments:

Post a Comment