Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blog #12

Blog #12: What surprised you from the worm's dissection?

          For the worm dissection, me and my partners discovered a lot. We cut open the worm and observed the inside, which sort of looked quite like the outside. I was surprised that there really wasn't anything in there. However, I found it surprising that there was dirt inside, which looked like black chunks. I didn't know that worms had dirt inside their body, even though they are pretty dirty organisms. Also, I was surprised that the worm had so many segments. I never noticed before, but the worms body has around 100 segments, depending on the size of the worm. For my earthworm, it had 96 body segments, which we counted individually. I also used to think that worms were slimy even when they were dead, but turns out, the earthworm was actually very dry and wrinkly looking. Although I learned alot from this dissection and got to see the inner parts of the worm, I'm glad we won't be doing a worm dissection anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment