Thursday, May 26, 2011

Final Blog

Final Blog: Reflect on your semester and year in biology. What were your successes? What were your failures? What did you learn that you will never forget?

              It's hard to believe that the year is almost over! 
                    This semester in biology was harder than the first semester, in my opinion. I had to work harder on my notebooks, we have a project right now in the making, and we had SEVEN dissections! This was really new for me because I've never done dissections in middle school and these dissections were my very first. Our first dissection of the worm, I felt nauseous and disgusted. However, after we continued doing more dissections, I got used to it, and I even dissected some species by myself. For example, I dissected the squid which had a lot of stuff inside of it and was slippery and smelled HORRIBLE. After we dissected it and cleaned it out, we fried the squid. I, of course, did not eat it. So, I think that one of my successes this year in biology was getting over my fear of dissections. Dissections are also something I will never forget. Once you get over the smell and disgusting aspects of dissections, it really isn't that bad; in fact, I had fun doing some of the dissections, and I learned a lot about  different species' organs and internal/external anatomy.
                       Furthermore, this year went by extremely fast. I was never exactly a fan of anything science related; but I did learn some new things this year in biology, mostly concerning animals and organ systems. For me, this is already a step up since science is a really hard subject for me and I do not seem to understand many things science-related- no matter how long I study.

No comments:

Post a Comment