Thursday, March 24, 2011

Blog #8

Blog #8: Your choice: Talk about something you learned or ask a question about something that is confusing you.

Something I learned about recently is about the food pyramid, which I had to research in my previous blog. I thought I knew about the food pyramid before, but I learned a lot of new things about it. A few years ago, there was an old food pyramid, which showed that proteins was the most important part of the pyramid. This led to obesity in many people, because everyone thought that they could eat a lot of proteins and carbs, like bread. However, no one really understood the food pyrimid serving sizes, so they ate according to the pictures, which weren't always accurate. After all, they were just pictures, and the important thing was learning what to eat, and how much to eat it. So, in 2005 a new food pyramid was created, making the fruit and vegetable part of the pyramid more important to our health. It showed better ways to eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment